Monday, March 11, 2013

Saturday Trip: Balanced Rock

So this morning, I woke up rather late...IT WAS SO GREAT TO SLEEP IN!!!! Of course, this is because it is Saturday. On every other day of the week I wake up between 7:30 and 8:00 A.M. And today was Saturday but I slept in until about 10. I hardly every sleep this late, but hey, it's Saturday. Breakfast was cinnamon buns and tea. And Dad asked us if we wanted to take a car ride to Balanced Rock.

I have seen pictures of Balanced Rock and heard stories about it but I haven't had the opportunity until now to go and actually see it. So my sisters and I were pretty excited. And of course, we said yes.

An interesting feature of Balanced Rock is that the base is only 3 feet by 17 inches. Crazy! It wasn't as big as I expected but now I can say that I've been there. The landscape there is quite amazing and when you travel a few more miles down the road you could hardly tell that there had even been a rocky surface, it was just as flat as could be and covered with wild grass and weeds.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment