Thursday, March 7, 2013

Crafty napkin project!

The other day, I bought a bunch of napkins at the Youth Ranch (thrift store for those of you unlucky enough not to have one-I don't think that that is a lot of you though). I thought that they would be a nice cheap project since 4-8 napkins cost about a dollar and a half or so. And I also thought that they would be fairly easy to embroider on with my machine.

And they were, so here is a craft idea for all you crafty people out there.

First buy some napkins, I bought some that were bright green, off white, bright orange, and a few in pastel yellow.

Next put some stabilizer on the back of where you want to sew. I generally like my napkins and dish towels to have them angled into the corner. I also tend to use two layers of fuse and tear stabilizer on the napkins and other thin projects like them.

Next embroider your heart out!! 

Side note-I discovered the other day that I have over 80 embroider patterns! Wow, when did I get so many????

Anyway, here are a few pictures to give you the idea.


Here is a picture of the stabilizer
 
 
Sewing the pattern on
 
 
Finished Product
(Design from Embroidery Library: which by the way has a couple free designs every month and usually on holidays as well, here is the link http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/default.aspx)
 
So now I have a set of apples, elephants, and a chef type guy.
 
Questions? Comments? Leave them in the comment section!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment