Friday, January 31, 2014

Popcorn, Cookie Jar & Scarves

I just wanted to give everybody a quick update. I didn't post yesterday because I forgot until it was about 9 PM so I apologize for those of you who are constantly checking for new content. BTW special thanks for all of you who do!
 
I have a couple of things that I wanted to talk about today. First, school is going really well. I am very excited to be in Band again! I haven't played in forever! It is really nice but we only have three drum players and one of them doesn't even read percussion music, so if you know of anybody who can play and has Monday nights free tell them that they should join the CSI Symphonic Band. We only have one concert this season so it will be really easy to schedule in one Tuesday night for the concert. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Another reason that I didn't get a chance to post yesterday was because I went to the Twin Falls Sewing Center (see review) and took a lesson on how to make infinity scarves! It was a lot of fun and it was a really cheap lesson too. Only $5! I made this lovely scarf and I am going to make a few for Christmas/Birthday presents!
 
This is the scarf that I made!
 
This is the material I am thinking about using for my sisters.
 
The best part is that not only can you use what ever kind of fabric you want but often you will find enough in the remnant or half-price section of the fabric store! So I got several pieces for scarves! I am hoping that I will have time to make a tutorial to post so keep and eye out for it!
 
On to other news...I have a "Fabulous Find" to share that my sister bought. Now, you have to understand that my sister hardly, and I mean like never, buys anything. She never really has a desire for shopping and often times when we shop together Emily is done when I am just getting started. But, she found this awesome jar!
 

The part that I really loved about it was that it is a cookie jar made out of cookies! So cute! So I was really amazed that she decided to buy it! Isn't it awesome! (It makes me hungry for cookies just looking at it!)


Also early my mom had found this jar of colored popcorn seeds. We were hoping that the actual popcorn would be different colors when popped, but as you can see the only thing that was dyed was the kernels. It must have been really really old because it tasted stale when we popped it, but it definitely was different!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment