Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer Nothingness

Augh! Where has the time gone? I have been out of school now for two weeks, plus I started summer classes, City Band has had its first concert, and the library has started the Bookmobile. But what major project or activity have I done? None!

I had good intentions, seriously I did. I was going to finish my aunt's baby gift, bling up some shoes, figure out my new camera. But have I done any of these things? Well....not really, at least I don't feel like I have finished anything.

I have just been so busy with work, school, and everything else. I don't even think that I have exercised like I wanted to. I have been standing up and walking around at work a lot though. (Does that make up for it?)

I don't plan on getting much done this weekend, since I will be working all of Saturday and doing Sunday school stuff on Sunday morning and evening. It isn't my turn to teach Children's Church during the evening this week, so I will get a little break.

In other news, last night was the first City Band concert. We played really well for our first concert. And surprise, surprise the weather was actually nice. Usually the first concert is cold, windy, and possibly rainy. You really never know what the first concert is going to be like. This year in the band we have a lot of people. It is really nice though because you get a really rich sound. Unfortunately, Mr. Hadley says that it is too many. We have a new lady in the drum section that is the wife of one of the other drummers. She is really nice and sweet. She is amazing at the bells and mallets section (for those of you who don't play in band that is the instrument that sounds kind of like a piano). She is a little timid though, and needs to just realize how great she is. I used to be that way but I took a note (pun intended ;) ) from my dad. He said "A note played at the correct time with out any confidence will sound as bad as a note that isn't supposed to be there. And, most people won't know if a note is played at the wrong time, if you play it with confidence." And you know what, he was right!

Any who, it is about time for me to head out for my first day on the bookmobile. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment