Monday, April 29, 2013

Well, that's not what I planned....

So graduation is coming up and I wasn't really sure of what I wanted to do. I was hoping that I could get a nice job some place, or that I would go on a missions trip. Mom and Dad, on the other hand, were suggesting that I go back to school. They had all the right reasons, too. They said that it would be easier to continue going to school instead of taking a year and trying to get back into the groove of things. That I am still single and it is a lot easier to focus on school. My dad especially stressed the last point as he was going to college when my sister and I were little. Mom said that it would also be easy for me to continue here at CSI, since I am still living at home and I don't want to have to pay for school, a place to live, food, and everything else. So I decided to think and pray about it.

So I continued to think and pray about it. I wasn't feeling any direction to go to bible college or on a mission, even though I think both would be wonderful opportunities. And I ended up thinking a lot about going back to CSI in the fall to get a teaching degree.

Now at this point, I still wasn't really sure. So I prayed that if this was the direction that I was supposed to go with my life that when I went in to talk to the Financial Aid people at the college that it would be really easy, and that there wouldn't be any problems and that they would know what to do.

I ended up telling my parents that I had decided to go back to CSI over lunch on Sunday. They weren't really surprised by it and they said that it sounded like a good idea. My dad's only question was if I felt peace about it. Which I told him that I did and I felt like this was a good place to start. Like my parents both say, it is a lot easier for God to work with somebody who is moving rather that trying to get somebody to start going. As my dad puts it, it is like a big motorcycle, it is a lot harder to turn in the drive way when it is stopped than it is to turn in on the street going 30 mph.

This is the thing though, my parents always seem to take my announcements in stride, they never seem to be surprised or act like it was something unexpected. In some ways, it is kind of disappointing, because I always feel like "HEY! LISTEN UP EVERYBODY! I AM ABOUT TO MAKE A MAJOR LIFE DECISION!" and they are always like "Yeah, we know." or "Yeah, we were expecting that." Not in a bad way, but more in a confirming sort of way. I guess that I will know when I make a wrong decision because they will be like "WHAT! ARE YOU SERIOUS?" or "REALLY?" But in the mean while, it is nice to know that they support me.

So today I took myself down to the Financial Aid office and asked them how easy it would be for me to do this. The lady was really nice and she said do this and this and this and there you are. So it will be really easy for me to do this and so I suppose that is a sign that this is where God wants me at the moment. But be warned--subject to change if God wills it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment