Thursday, April 4, 2013

Book Review: Little Blog on the Prarie


I have often glanced at this book and thought that it looked interesting but I never picked it up and actually read it. So the other day I was at the library and I was hunting for things to blog about. Okay, I realize that that really isn't an original idea for getting a blog post but I was running out of things to talk about, and of course, I wouldn't want any of you lovely people to get board with this either.

Anyway, back to the book.So I just typed "blog" into the computer for searching at the library and lo and behold this title popped up. "Hey!" I thought to myself, "I've been wanting to read that." So I grabbed it off the shelf and read it.

It was a really great book and I enjoyed it to the point of not wanting to do anything else so that I could get back to reading my book. I seriously considered not eating dinner to finish it. Well, at least I did until my stomach really started growling at me. So I did eventually have to put it down and find something to eat. I even gave it to my sister to read when I was finished.

The book is a really good read if your are into frontier and homesteading life stories, or if you like to read about people trying to recreate a historical feel. I would recommend that you read it before you watch PBS Frontier House. It took a lot of ideas from that but it was still a good story.

The main characters development was really great and you could tell what she was thinking.

You didn't exactly feel like you were there in the story but you didn't feel like the narrator staring down into their world either. It had an interesting feel to it. I am the type of person who likes to feel like I am the one interacting with the other characters and I didn't get that feeling as much as I do with some other books.

The storyline was really good and it definitely had direction to it. You felt like the author knew how to get there and was just guiding you along.

All in all, I would have to say that the book was good and I would recommend it to anyone.


If you think of another book that I should review leave a comment. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment