Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Frozen inspired Finger Puppets and Concert

On Thursday my family and I went to hear the city band concert in the park. The theme of the night was Disney and they sounded awesome!

Unfortunately, I have to work the night that they practice so I don't get to play this summer. But the good news is the my sister and grandpa play in the band so I at least get to go and hear the awesome music.

Anyway, sine the theme was Disney and since I had recently opened my Etsy shop I decided to give away some finger puppets (the Frozen Disney movie inspired ones) for the "mystery melody". "Mystery Melody" is when the band randomly selects a piece of music and plays it without revealing the name and you have to guess what the title is (as it appears in the director's score). The announcers bring around a hat that you put a piece of paper into with your name and what you think the song title is on it. The first few people they pick out of the hat win a prize. The prizes are whatever people or businesses donate so they can be anything from band paraphernalia to local shop gift cards to event tickets. It is a lot of fun!

Well before the concert even started my mom saw a family we know and gave them a heads-up about what the prize was going to be. The lady decided to buy a couple of sets from me for her kids to play with while they listened to the concert. Which made me really happy because I didn't expect any selling to happen that night. I did being my finger puppets with me to finish while I was listening and I'm very glad I did. The really funny thing is that one of her kids won the finger puppets that they gave away! The kids were really happy and they really enjoyed playing with them!



No comments:

Post a Comment