Monday, February 18, 2013

Crafty Peacock Project

I have an embroidery machine. It is really awesome. I was very blessed and got one for a good price from a lady on Craigslist. It is a Babylock Sophia 2 and it is amazing. I usually get most of my designs that I use for free. Some of the great sites for designs that aren't free are at http://lynniepinnie.com/shop/index.php and at http://www.designsbyjuju.com/. They're great places to get you started.

I think that the best feature on both of these websites are the wishlist feature. Otherwise, I probably living in a cardboard box in City Park. Seriously, it's so easy to get carried away at these shops. I even have trouble at the Twin Falls Sewing Center. I am a craft addict so I would know. ;)

Anyway, back to my story. I love my embriodery machine, it is just that I have quite a back log of projects. My mother had asked me before Thanksgiving last year to embroider a design on her jacket. Well, being the deadline driven person that I am I put it off for a long time beacause it wasn't something that needed done right away. So there the jacket sat, alone and wrinkled in a basket on my sewing desk. I had asked mom if there was a certain thing that she wanted but she said that she didn't care, to "just make it look good".  Okayyyyyy...I thought, well.......hmmm... As you can tell, I knew immediatly what I was going to do and got it done shortly. Nope.

So the the last couple of weekends I have been slowly working on this project. I used the peacock design from Lynnie Pennie and then I added some hot-fix crystals. And finally I got it done.

My mother really loved it and I hope you like it as well.


The complete outfit
 
 
 A litte bling for the front two pockets
 
 
 A hair clip she owns that matches the jacket

A close up view of the finished project


1 comment:

  1. you need to let the linnie or whom ever know about the post. Drive the track......

    ReplyDelete